Monday, 7 July 2014

Recommendation: Honey by Suzanne De Nimes

A charming discovery, I bought this erotic novel on the off-chance just because I thought the cover and description held promise of something a bit different, a bit special perhaps, and I’m happy to report that I was not disappointed.

This is to say, I suppose, that the story was perfectly to my tastes, with its gentle pacing and tone, a sense of realism in the settings and characters and events, a feeling of warmth and honesty, and capturing beautifully the sensibilities of tender but gritty and savvy youthful sexual adventure. And lots of explicit sex.

The story is told in the first person by a young woman who lives and works in a British seaside town as she begins her journey of sexual discovery. The author invests time in creating and building the background, the scenes and the relationships. They are vividly depicted and developed with an easy, light, fluent style which draws the reader in to become easily involved in the characters’ stories, most especially, of course, that of the main character.

I really enjoyed this book; it's fun, tender, lively and fresh. And very sexy. 

(P.S. - I have also seen this book around with the author named as Angelique. As far as I know it is the same book. I guess it's just a different edition with a different pen name.)

No comments: